Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two for Six Dollars!

I had to go to the grocery store earlier this week to get a money order so I could get a NC license plate. Why? Because the DMV does not accept out of state checks, and Wells Fargo does not exist in North Carolina. Oh bother. After procuring my money order, I roamed a little, picked some things up that were on my list, and some that were not, as per usual. My best buys were two "two for six dollar" deals. Both guilty pleasures in their own right. First off...

Two lovely cartons of raspberries. If someone to look in my fridge right now, they must think me a berry-maniac. I have blueberries, raspberries, grapes, and cherries. All good and all something I could easily make myself sick on But back to the raspberries - how did they taste? Delicate and sweet and melt-in-your-mouth. Speaking of melting in your mouth...

Ice cream! North Carolina is sorely lacking a Blue Bell presence, so I have resorted to other brands. Haagen Dazs is the current front runner. While I wanted to get Mayan Chocolate and Sticky Toffee Pudding, both were unavailable, so I called for backups. Enter Cherry Vanilla and Caramel Cone. I have now tried both and are wonderful in their own way. The cherry is light and fruity with huge hunks of cherry. The caramel cone I was uncertain about given the presence of a bread product which can tend toward dry or mush. I am happy to report the chocolate coating protects the cone bits from mush and the caramel cuts through the creaminess of the ice cream well.

I like to think that the raspberries balance the ice cream intake. One bite of ice cream, one bite of berry. Two bites of ice cream, one bite of berry. Bite of ice cream, bite of ice cream, bite of ice cream...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love raspberries! I think they are my favorite berry! And who doesn't like ice cream? You might need to try one of the carmel core ice creams from Ben and Jerry - yum. And although not a carmel core - Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is my favorite!