Friday, June 20, 2008

Deceived by a berry!

I am currently eating lunch. The grocery store here has been running a special on blueberries (buy one get one free), so I have enjoyed approximately 1,000 blueberries in the past few weeks. Good alone, good with blueberry waffles, and good in salad with Brianna's poppy seed dressing. Back to the story...

Eating lunch. Popping blueberries in my mouth with abandon. Every now and then one of them has a little grit from the seeds, so I wondered how the seeds were arrayed in the berry. I bite one in half and I am shocked. Blueberries are not blue on the inside! They are albinos enshrouded in a robe of indigo! How has this blueberry lover gone 26 years and not known the true soul of the "blue"berry is white as lamb's wool?


I feel duped. My blueberry eating experience has lost its purity and innocence. Now I know the truth behind the berry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha -- now that's funny!!!