Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hello, Old Friend

I am not a Facebooker (or whatever people who Facebook are called). Yes, I have an account and, no, I do not use it really. However, it has come in handy from time to time. Learning of a friend's pregnancy or engagement or marriage, a big move, or a new job. Well, let's file this Facebook discovery under big move and new job...sort of.

I was reading the updates and one of my friends growing up (and high school classmate), stated that it was really good to see Brian play last night, it had been a long time since he'd seen him. Now, to most people reading that, probably would not have meant much. But I had a strong suspicion that I knew who this Brian person was.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the guy I took to my senior banquet, Brian Bandas...


He's the first guy you see - the one in the white shirt and one playing the yellow guitar. When I knew him, he was our youth group's band leader, starting a band called Three Nails Short, learning to play harmonica like John Popper, and working at Chick-fil-A. I knew I would see him in music some day and would Google him from time to time to see if he had made it big yet. So, to see that he and his band have a record deal and an album coming out makes me pretty proud of the guy. Good job, Bandas.

(Here's a link to his band's CMT profile - Love and Theft.)

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Michael had CMT on a couple months ago and Jeremy walked in a said - Hey that's Brian Bandas! Then just last week we heard his new band on the radio...some people really do make it big!