Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2011, in review

So, all my previous attempts at writing a year 2011 wrap-up stalled out.  Instead of a couple posts on my year, behold - the year in list! (In no particular order)


- I got married to Mr. Aaron-man, who constantly amazes me with how creatively loving a person can be.  And where one's love is located.  The metatarsal was the latest location of his love for me.    


- I surpassed my goal of reading 26 books in a year by two books.


- Some dear friends and family passed away.  Tim, Amy, and Nanny are dearly missed.


- Favorite dessert I did not make: Honey and Sea Salt Pie at Piebird


- Favorite dessert I made and can remember: Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.  It is AB's vanilla ice cream with a box (yes, a box) of crunched Oreos


- Favorite meal out: Tie between the Fried Shrimp Gnocchi at Top of the Hill and Chicken Saltimobocca at Tupelo Honey Cafe.  I totally won in ordering food while on the honeymoon.


- Favorite meal I made: Corn and Cheese Chowder...ooh, and Panko-crusted Salmon


- Least favorite meal I made: Any time I made chicken noodle soup.  I am beginning to think I just do not like chicken noodle soup. 


- Favorite book I read: Matterhorn, without a doubt. Even now when I am looking at the shelves for the next book to read, I pause on this one, tempting myself to read it again.


- Least favorite book I read: Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer.  This book, by an author whose work I love, made me so angry.  Krakauer let his personal opinions and beliefs cloud the story and Pat Tillman kind of seemed like a jerk.


- Favorite food find: Gyoza sauce from Trader Joe's


- Product obsessions: Aveeno lotion and Mighty Leaf Tropical Green Tea


- Kitchen tool addition of the year: My blender...and my mandolin...and my salad spinner...wedding presents are the best!


- Household addition: Aaron (duh!)...and our awesome bed of awesomeness, the Tempurpedic. 


- I have too many... Dish towels, wooden spoons, and blankets


- I do not have enough... Things to wear, comfy reading places


- Favorite spot: Caribou Coffee with Aaron after geocaching


- Cutest moment: Haydie-bug flirting with Aaron over Thanksgiving.  (It may have been my BIL being the flower girl at the wedding when Haydie-bug got stage fright, but I was waiting in the wings, and thus unable to see.)


- Least favorite place: Schmacy's housewares department - over and over again


There are probably large chunks of my 2011 year I am missing here, but I think I hit most of the high notes.  2012 is going to be another big year of big changes - graduations, new jobs, maybe new cities, and a whole lot of "who knows" thrown in!

No comments: