Monday, December 13, 2010

Books You Can Wear

I have been ogling shirts from Out Of Print Clothing for months. I decided that I would purchase one for myself once I completed The Great American Novel Challenge. The challenge completed, and myself declared queen of the books, off I scurried to the site to select which shirt to call my own. Decisions, decisions. Do I opt for Moby Dick because, at that time, it was the only GANC book I had read that was also a shirt? However, I did not especially enjoy the book, and did not relish the thought of having passersby engage me in conversation about a book I prefer not to speak at length regarding.

I eventually narrowed my choices down to Hound of the Baskervilles and 1984. Difficult decision which was quickly made much easier when the shirt for Hound of the Baskervilles was changed. Sadness. So, I chose:
I love it! Some notes on the shirt itself. When the site tells you the shirt runs small, they are not joking. I got an extra large and it fits me perfectly - not baggy or too tight and fits through the shoulders. The fabric is super soft and it is my favorite weekend hang out shirt. I even wore it on Halloween to work as my "costume." Because, what is scarier than the world of 1984?

Presently, I am resisting the temptation to read all the books of the shirts I like. However, Atlas Shrugged is gaining ground on my list of books to read, and Brave New World may perhaps be my next shirt purchase. It is not that I enjoy reading about dystopia, I just like the book covers!

(And, since this is the season of giving, buying a book/shirt combo for the reader in your life would make for a pretty cool gift! As a bonus, for every shirt purchased, Out of Print donates a book to a community in need through Books for Africa. Two gifts for the price of one!)

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I love it! I really enjoyed Brave New World in college and although I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, I have read a few other Rand books and enjoyed We the Living a great deal!