Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bye-bye, Apple II

Hello Raleigh friends! This post is just for y'all. Last night on TV I saw something that I have long awaited - a electronics recycling day! I have housed some outdated electronics in my apartment for some time now, trying in vain to find an electronics recycling service in or around Raleigh. And then, last night as I am watching TV, I learn that Fox 50 is sponsoring E-cycling Day this Saturday, June 27. You can go to one of three Best Buy locations around the Triangle and drop of your old or broken electronics. And you do not even have to get out of your car - how sweet it that?

Just remember that if you are doing away with a CPU or anything that contains data (phone numbers, social security numbers, bomb codes, your grandma's cherry pie recipe), to erase it off the system. And not put it in the electronic trash bin on your computer - wipe your CPU clean. I do not have the name handy of the one(s) Aaron recommended to me, so if you are reading this, Aaron (hi!), could you post the links in the comments section? Thanks!

If you have some mice, radios, monitors, TVs, cell phones or medical equipment around your place, drop them off Saturday between 10-2 at one of the indicated Best Buys. See link for full list of acceptable items.

(If you do not get my post title, maybe this will help.)

No comments: